Several months ago, it was apparent to my husband and myself, that his mother could no longer live alone. Not really knowing where to begin, we reached out to “A Place For Mom.” They found different assisted living and memory care places for us to review. My husband and I knew the moment we walked in the door at Emery Place, that THIS was the place for mom!
It’s hard to describe the feeling you get, but it was a warm, comforting feeling when you entered. The staff is “A” one! Their caring for the residents is unbelievable, because it can be challenging at times! They do more than assist, they truly care deeply about the residents.
My mother-in-law has had a lot of health issues in the last few weeks and they have been watching over her and caring for her like she was their mother. On several emergency trips to the hospital, someone always went with her and stayed until we could get there. She was never alone!
I know it may seem too good to be true about Emery Place, but it is. It’s like nothing I have seen before. I have talked to others with family in assisted living and it isn’t anything like Emery Place! Their activities are wonderful for residents. They take them different places as least once a week and many other activities every month!
I could go on and on… I just know my husband and I sleep better at night knowing loving people are caring for her! Emery Place is FAMILY to us!!!
Terry & Connie
Our family would like to thank all of you for the wonderful care you give our mom and all of the residents of Emery Place. We are very appreciative of your efforts to meet her medical, emotional, personal and physical needs on a daily basis. We were fortunate that Emery Place had an apartment available several months ago and it was obvious from the day she moved in, that Emery Place was a great place with wonderful employees.
The list of things that you do well is too long to write, but we will mention a few:
· Gathering the residents together to watch the Iowa Hawkeye football and basketball games. While gathered you talk about the games and what sports they used to play.
· Watching movies and other programs of interest together; as well as doing activities that the residents like to do.
· Singing church songs and songs from earlier eras… Oh, how they enjoy music!
· Reading the newspaper with the residents. Talking with the residents and listening to their stories.
· Walking with the residents in the Memory Care area, in the hallways and outdoors.
· Including all of the residents in social activities and special events.
It’s unfortunate that you didn’t meet mom years ago. She was an outstanding nurse and had so many wonderful traits and was always on the go. She was very involved in her church, PEO, condo association, the Marion library, traveling with friends and family, and attending her grandkids activities. She is an awesome mother and grandmother.
On behalf of our family, we appreciate your hard work and great care you provide to the residents of Emery Place.
Mary K.’s family